Here’s the latest edition of the Tuesday Take, featuring all the fun stuff we’ve been up to over the last week.
- Tulio – I’d not been here for a meal for a couple of years, and we were happy to have dined outdoors in downtown Seattle for a spell. Plus, we got to try a 2004 Barolo. Need to remember to head to this place without needing a special occasion.
- Tulalip Bay – We checked out this super solid restaurant on Saturday night, you can read about it here. We learned about the Mollydooker shake (video below) while we were there, too. A fun thing to see someone do while in a white tablecloth restaurant.
- Huey Lewis And The News – We caught this show [photo: right] on kind of a spur-of-the-moment thing on Sunday night at Chateau Ste. Michelle, and had a heckuva good time. Sufficiently random, but you can’t beat a second row seat, a nice bottle of wine and a few munchies (forget wine and cheese, we brought sushi) and a fun band.
- Wild Ginger – have I mentioned how fun it is to get the dim sum at the Bellevue location on a Sunday afternoon?
- Trophy Cupcakes – I’ll admit that this isn’t my favorite cupcake place in Seattle, but we stopped by to try one of the current items being buzzed about, the Bananas Foster. The bottom part of the cupcake was super, all filled with Bananas Foster sauce. The merengue-y section was just meh to me. I tried.
- Village Wines – We visited with Kara Castillo of Castillo de Feliciana for a bit on Sunday at Woodinville’s Village Wines (the winery is “visiting” every weekend in September) and tried the latest and greatest. Enjoyed the ¡Adentro! quite a bit.
- Barrage Cellars – This weekend, Kevin and Rebecca released the ’09 Secret Weapon (Syrah) and ’09 Double Barrel (Cab Sauv). We were big fans of the Secret Weapon, and are happy to have in our stash. Very curious to see how the Double Barrel evolves, and we continue to be big fans of this winery. It’s one of the few that I think I enjoy pretty much everything they build.
Until next week!